Thursday, July 7, 2011

Big Ben in the rain (June 28)
London was a lot of fun! I
especially liked going to
see Much Ado About Nothing at Shakespeare's Globe except
for the fact that I was
standing up for about three
hours straight.  Other than
that, the theatre was amazing
and the play incredible. 
The actors were all very
good and funny.  One of the
main characters was the
butler from "The Fresh Prince
of Belair," so that was
pretty cool!  Another thing
that I really enjoyed about London
was Afternoon Tea at Fortnum and Mason's where everything was very fancy and proper, just like in all the
historical fiction novels I read.  They would have brought out more food if I had just been able to eat it, oh well. I really enjoyed my scones with clotted cream and jam, just like Maizie said I would. :)
Eating Cheese and Drinking Wine on the Seine





So when I was getting ready for
Europe I was wishing that Akshay
and Hallie could come with so
I blew up a picture of their
head and stuck it on the
back of a ruler. Here you
can see me kissing "Akshay"
under the Eiffel Tower.

One of our first dinners, obviously we were having a great time :)
 In front of the canals and gardens at Versailles. It was such a beautiful day and beautiful place to be with friends.  The palace was so huge and crazy luxurious.  So much decadence when all the peasants in France were living in squalor.  Also, it was really interesting to learn that it took half of France's GNP to complete the palace. 
From Left to Right: Dustin, Malia, Emma, Laura L on steps in front of Versailles.

And finally, a picture of me at the Clos de Vougeot where some of the best pinot noir is grown.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having an incredible time, and I am so extremely jealous! I had to act out Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing for my Shakespeare class this last semester, and we saw a version of it filmed at the Globe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh cool! And this is Natalie right? If so, give me your address so I can send you a postcard! It is pretty awesome here; really great people, amazing wine and beautiful scenery

    ReplyDelete