Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Venezia

Buongiorno!

Today is my last day in Venice and I am sad to say that I have spent the majority of it cooped up in my bed at the hostel with my sprained foot elevated and iced throughout the day. Luckily I was able to ride the vaparetto around today though to just see the canal and some sights from the comfort of a chair.

I have attached some pictures of the canal. It was absolutely beautiful and it was amazing to see such grand old mansions who's bottom stories were most likely flooded. Also, a lot of the facades look to be marble and so you think that the rest of the building is too but as the boat pulls away you can see that the building is actually brick; those sneaky Venetians!

It was also cool to watch the final football match in Italy with Spain against them even though Spain won :(

The people at the hostel are very nice to me and have helped me get ice for my foot and yesterday one of the staff made pasta which was very yummy!

Anyways, that's pretty much all I have done in Venice. I plan on chilling in bed again for the rest of the day and hopefully heading off to Naples tomorrow. Until next time, arriverdercci!


Some lovely view from the boat riding along the canal...

No comments:

Post a Comment