Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sicilia

Buongiorno Everyone! 

My time in Sicily was mostly characterized by me chilling in my room and at the B&B with my cast, but I took it off for my last two days in Catania!  I went to one of the beaches there and the water was so so warm, I'm thinking around 75 degrees?? It was like a bath tub. 





On my last day I toughed it out and went to Mt Etna! Granted, I couldn't do most of the excursion but I did get to see the volcano and some caves!  I believe the guide said there were 350 craters where the volcano has blown, but I'm not too sure.  In any case, the volcano was pretty cool.  It was so so large!





Some of the people on the tour took my camera and took some photos for me. I appreciated it and I think they had fun! :D


For the rest of the day I went to the post office and walked around the main street of Catania and got cannoli from the oldest patisserie there (founded in the 1800s) and it was to die for.  I was so looking forward to getting cannoli from Sicily because it originated there and it went beyond my expectations.  Pistachios are very popular in Catania and there were some on the outside of it and chocolate chips in the yummy ricotta cheese, Nom.  I sat by the fountain in a park and ate it while people watching. 







Nom! :O






I then walked a mile back to the B&B and I loved seeing all the Baroque architecture.  Above is the church of St. Agathe I believe and it was very beautiful inside and to the right is the piazza of the Duomo and there is the fountain with the elephant right at the base of the pillar which is a symbol of Catania (don't ask me why, I saw nary an elephant in Catania). 



The Duomo


Anyways, I will post pictures of Pompeii later! Have to go get ready to traverse Roma! 


Thanks for reading, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment