Thursday, July 5, 2012

Napoli

Hello Everyone!

I have spent the past two days in Naples.  Well, actually I spent all day yesterday travelling from Venice to Naples which was quite a pain in a cast with crutches, but I made it in one piece and that is all that really matters.  I will have arms of steel by the time I am through with this cast!  The Italians have been so nice and have been extremely helpful in helping me get on and off the trains.  (I even got to go in a wheelchair from one train to another at the Rome train station!)   Yesterday when I got off the train four Italians helped me to the taxi which was such a god send.

So update on foot problems, there seems to be no fracture or break but they still put a cast on my foot which I have to wear for 6 days (so only 4 more days!).  It is also cool getting signatures.  Tonight I go to Sicily on a night train which I am very excited to do.  I will be in Catania for 5 days chilling in the city most likely and since my cast will be off the last day perhaps I will go to Syracuse then to see the ancient ruins.  I could also spend some time at the beach before the cast comes off and get a sweet tan line.






The vew from the train going from Venice to Rome.  Oh, and of my cast ;)








The view from one of the balconies in the hostel I stayed at in Naples.  The weather was much nicer here.  Not humid and a nice breeze sometimes rolled through the buidling during the day. 
Someone from the hostel brought me pizza from the pizza shop Julia Roberts went to in "Eat Pray Love" and it was very yummy!  Pizza originated in Naples and so eating the Margherita pizaa from Naples was quite an experience!  I ate the whole thing!


Anyways, that is all for now.  Until I write again in Sicilia!

No comments:

Post a Comment